cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get to localhost to register InfoMap

DoubleP
Level 5

I'm setting up Information Map on a second client for my company's alternate DC. Months ago, I had worked with Veritas support to set it up on a client at our main DC. I'm hitting the same roadblock. I can't get to localhost to register. Last time, one of Veritas' engineers who specializes in this was able to correct the issue by widening the ciphers that Tomcat will use for SSL communication. 

"Here is the list we set in server.xml: 

TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384,

TLS_ECDH_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384,TLS_ECDH_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384,

TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256,

TLS_ECDH_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256,TLS_ECDH_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256,

TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384,

TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,

TLS_ECDH_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384,TLS_ECDH_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384,

TLS_ECDH_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,TLS_ECDH_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,

TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,

TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,

TLS_ECDH_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,TLS_ECDH_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,

TLS_ECDH_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,TLS_ECDH_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA"

Since the engineer was "driving" when this was done, I cannot figure out how to get to the same place to set this list. I've been able to open server.xml, but that's not the right place to do it.

Where?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was able to update/modify the server.xml. Since I had admin rights, I went into the file's properties and added my own userID to users and gave myself write privs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DoubleP
Level 5

Any ideas?

Update: I was able to update server.xml with the suggested ciphers; however, I cannot save the updated file. I checked with our internal windows team. The SA said that I do, indeed, have admin rights, but UAC is probably stopping me. I am guessing that it is because the file is in Program files. How do I get around this roadblock? Has anyone had any similar problem?

I was able to update/modify the server.xml. Since I had admin rights, I went into the file's properties and added my own userID to users and gave myself write privs.