cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW FEATURE: Item Type Exploration

Darren_Locke
Level 6
Employee

Ever since we launched Information Map you have been able to analyse your data sources by groupings of extensions – Item Type Groups. 22 Item Type Groups are supplied which aggregate more than 8,000 well know extensions in to these groups. So, if you want to see all your Image files, you select the Image group and you get to see all .jpg, .tif, .bmp etc. file. If you wanted to just see all .jpg files, you would need to use the Export to CSV functionality and filter using something like Excel.

Having the ability to filter on one or more individual extensions along with customizing the Item Type Groups has been our most requested feature. I’m pleased to say this is now available to all our customers.

Providing the same level of interactivity for extension filtering as what we had previously has been no small feat. Some customers have over 10 million (yes million!) individual extensions in their environment. Thanks to a great engineering team and the power behind a SaaS solution, your analysis of extensions is just as quick as any other analysis within Information Map. No other solution in market can provide this level of responsiveness.

Item Type Exploration brings a new ‘Item Extensions’ tile to all dashboards along with an ‘Item Extensions’ filter. The tile will show the most or least prevalent extensions and from there you can drill in to those. From the filter, you can search for any extension, including using wildcards, that you may have in your environment.

One big benefit Item Type Exploration brings is the ability to see all the extensions in the ‘Unknown’ group. Typically, we will see a handful of very prevalent extensions which can now be moved in to an existing Group or in to a custom Group. I’ll write about that capability in my next blog.

In the meantime, you can find out more about Item Type Exploration in this Feature Brief, or by viewing the short video from Evan Barrett.

[video]

0 REPLIES 0