We’re pleased to announce that Enterprise Vault 10.0.1 is now available, the release notes are here.
We initially released V10 last August and have seen steady demand from customers who have downloaded and upgraded in the previous six months. However, with this first service pack now available we expect more of our customers to start planning their upgrades to take advantage of the major improvements in V10 but also the various incremental changes & fixes that have been rolled up into EV10.0.1.
So let’s just review some of the benefits of upgrading to V10.0.1
- 64 bit Index Engine for greater performance & scalability
- Leverage various partner offerings to archive social media content
- Data Classification Services - A new optional module to automatically classify the content as it’s archived
- Server Migration Wizard – to help you move from 32bit to a new 64bit OS platform
- Options to migrate archived content to cloud storage services
- Support for Software ID (SWID) tags for the tags enable asset management tools to identify systems that have Enterprise Vault 10.0.1 components installed.(read more here)
- FIPS 140-2 certification
- IPv6 Support
Outlook Client Improvements
- New Unified Outlook Add-In - a new Outlook Add-in known as the Unified Outlook Client. The new client combines previous DCOM and “light” client features and offers a simplified roll-out process for customers.
- Virtual Vault: Enhanced Synchronisation
- Virtual Vault now supports Entrust encryption technlology
- Enhanced mixed 32/64-bit support
- JAWS Support (Screen Reader Technology) - read more here
- Filer System Filtering API – to allow 3rd party filtering applications to define customized actions on a file during the time of archiving
- Support for file servers running Double-Take replication software
- Support for 8.5.2 & 8.5.3
- Outlook 2011 support
- OS X 10.7 (Lion) support
- Bulk Restore of Shortcuts
- EV 10.0.1 Release notes – please read for more detailed information, available at our support pages
- Learn More - take advantage of some excellent & free training at Techcenter, bite sized training modules on V10 (also V8 & V9 for that matter).