Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space is almost full on host that stores the performance statistics

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

What does VOM server fault condition:

Space is almost full on host that stores the performance statistics

mean.  I am seeing this on the server fault tab in VOM for a server that is NOT the VOM server and if I drill down to the host that shows the issue there are no filesystems that have alerts on them and the VOM server has DB on a filesystem which is only 15% used.

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_Auria
Level 5
Employee Certified

What version of VOM is being used ?  On the VOM Central Management Server (CMS) ?  On the Managed Host (MH) ?

Looking at my 6.1 lab systems, I see that this fault is a Host fault so that would seem to mean that the issue is one of the MHs ? (see attachment).

VOM writes it's databases to /var on the MHs. 

I suspect that / or /var on the MH where this fault is being raised may be becoming full.  Or this may be a stale fault on a system that has become disconnected.

Can you please submit a full-screen screen capture of where you are seeing this fault ?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Michael_Auria
Level 5
Employee Certified

What version of VOM is being used ?  On the VOM Central Management Server (CMS) ?  On the Managed Host (MH) ?

Looking at my 6.1 lab systems, I see that this fault is a Host fault so that would seem to mean that the issue is one of the MHs ? (see attachment).

VOM writes it's databases to /var on the MHs. 

I suspect that / or /var on the MH where this fault is being raised may be becoming full.  Or this may be a stale fault on a system that has become disconnected.

Can you please submit a full-screen screen capture of where you are seeing this fault ?

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks - issue was that /var was nearly full on the client, but /var is on ZFS and this is not handled well in VOM as VOM reports incorrect information so I had to log on to the host to determine /var was full.

Mike

Michael_Auria
Level 5
Employee Certified

Cna you send the output of df -k /var & a full screen capture of where the ZFS filesystem is not reporting correctly and I can look into that.