cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.6.0.2 Question

Stephen_Lindo
Level 4

I have upgraded four 5220's from 2.5.3 to 2.6.0.2.  Since the upgrade, I get a daily email from each 5220 saying "No license exists".  I am baffled as to what this is and how to make it stop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Did you add your 7.6 licenses when you did the upgrade?

2.6.0.2 may have features that are not enabled by the 7.5 licenses.

What is the exact text of the message (or is what you have shown actually it?)

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Did you add your 7.6 licenses when you did the upgrade?

2.6.0.2 may have features that are not enabled by the 7.5 licenses.

What is the exact text of the message (or is what you have shown actually it?)

Stephen_Lindo
Level 4

Thanks Mark,  that is what is was.  You have to add the 7.6 license, I recommend you use the CLISH and it WILL restart the NBU services so you want to do it during a maintenance window.  Adding the license from the GUI did not seem to stop the email message.  Support also strongly recommends you remove the old license(s).

Stephen_Lindo
Level 4

Also.....add the license to all your appliances, not just the Master appliance.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Yup - always add latest licenses to Master AND Media Servers when doing upgrades and re-start services after installation.

Dont forget to close off the thread once you are all sorted - helps others searching for a similar issue in the future - thanks

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

There may also be a defect in play here.  If you get these emails about your perfectly licensed Appliance, please open a support case and ask about Etrack 3512671.  (A TechNote is coming soon!)

Stephen_Lindo
Level 4

CRZ is correct, Support notified me of a defect and offered a 60 temp license.  They said nothing about a Etrack.

CRZ
Level 6

Hmmm, you're probably the reason we opened it, then.  wink  I hope we'll have more info when the TechNote is available.  I only just "heard through the grapevine" about this one earlier today.

Stanleyj
Level 6

Has it been determined that this is a defect?  I just upgraded to 2.6.0.2 and got an email immediatly about the license key.  Do I need to contact support to get a temp key?

SLindo
Level 3

The temp key is only good for 60 days.  I'm living with the email message until a technote is offered.

Stanleyj
Level 6

Thank you. Is the email the only thing that has an issue.  The invalid license doesn't cause any other features to not work.

If thats all it is then  I can live with it as well until a fix is supplied. 

Thanks again.

SLindo
Level 3

That's what I'm doing.  All my backups are fine but of course if my management sees those emails.....  :)

CRZ
Level 6

Here's the TechNote:

NetBackup appliance sending "No license exists" alert when only permanent license keys exist on the system after upgrading to 2.6.0.2.
 http://symantec.com/docs/TECH217517

If you can live with the emails, you don't have to do anything - if the emails are bugging you, please contact us for a fix.