cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

3.1 to 3.1.1 Upgrade Aborted due to insufficient space on /boot partition - 5230

During the PFC of a 3.1 to 3.1.1 upgrade on a 5230 the upgrade aborts stating that there is insufficient space in the /boot partition of the appliance.

The boot partion is 198M in size and is 58% used - 81M available.  It says I need 140M for the upgrade to proceed.

This /boot partition seems very small to me, same partition on my 5240 is 477M ?

Technotes state to cleardown unwanted files in the /boot partition, but there is very little in there of any reasonable size - in fact only 2 (initramfs-xxxxxxx) which are 27M and 57M in size.

Has anyone seen this, and if so how did you get around it ?

Can I extend the /boot partition ?  CAn I delete the two initramfs files from the /boot partition ?

Any advice appreciated.

AJ

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

Re: 3.1 to 3.1.1 Upgrade Aborted due to insufficient space on /boot partition - 5230

I did complete the upgrade, a long time ago now......

I was advised to move INITRD* files from the /boot partition to /log/backup. I had 118MB free to start with, and after the move 153MB free.  All worked OK with this much free space.

AJ

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: 3.1 to 3.1.1 Upgrade Aborted due to insufficient space on /boot partition - 5230

I don't know if you finished this upgrade by now. But with any lack of space in appliance during upgrade, have support help you to delete what can be deleted. 

Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

I did complete the upgrade, a long time ago now......

I was advised to move INITRD* files from the /boot partition to /log/backup. I had 118MB free to start with, and after the move 153MB free.  All worked OK with this much free space.

AJ

View solution in original post