cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3.1 to 3.1.1 Upgrade Aborted due to insufficient space on /boot partition - 5230

SYM-AJ
Level 5

During the PFC of a 3.1 to 3.1.1 upgrade on a 5230 the upgrade aborts stating that there is insufficient space in the /boot partition of the appliance.

The boot partion is 198M in size and is 58% used - 81M available.  It says I need 140M for the upgrade to proceed.

This /boot partition seems very small to me, same partition on my 5240 is 477M ?

Technotes state to cleardown unwanted files in the /boot partition, but there is very little in there of any reasonable size - in fact only 2 (initramfs-xxxxxxx) which are 27M and 57M in size.

Has anyone seen this, and if so how did you get around it ?

Can I extend the /boot partition ?  CAn I delete the two initramfs files from the /boot partition ?

Any advice appreciated.

AJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I did complete the upgrade, a long time ago now......

I was advised to move INITRD* files from the /boot partition to /log/backup. I had 118MB free to start with, and after the move 153MB free.  All worked OK with this much free space.

AJ

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Even
Level 5
Partner Accredited

I don't know if you finished this upgrade by now. But with any lack of space in appliance during upgrade, have support help you to delete what can be deleted. 

I did complete the upgrade, a long time ago now......

I was advised to move INITRD* files from the /boot partition to /log/backup. I had 118MB free to start with, and after the move 153MB free.  All worked OK with this much free space.

AJ