cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5200 Puredisk Pool Down

Stanleyj
Level 6

I have two 5200 (2.1a) appliances being used in my environment.  Yesterday morning my backups stopped working with status 213, 2074, and 83's.  i after opening a forum disucssion in the netbackup list and opening a support ticket we determined that my disk pool is down on my primary appliance.  We are able to get the pool to UP but 10 minutes later it goes back down.  we notice that spoold or spad are stopped usually when this happens.

I am running 7.1.0.3 of netbackup and 2.1a on my appliances.  I have confirmed with my network guys that nothing has changed in our environment as far as connectivity goes.

Any Ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stanleyj
Level 6

After working with support for several days an EEB file was sent to me that I applyed to both of my appliances.  Now everything is back to normal.

i dont really know what the patch was for but it worked.  They still are telling me this has nothing to do with updating my master server to 7.1.0.3 but that is the only thing that changed in my netbackup environment within the last few weeks.

Oh well its fixed.  Sorry i cant provide better information for anyone else that might run into this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Chad_Wansing2
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

You're on the right track with support.  If your spoold and spad processes are going down you can't do dedupe processing.  Within the CLISH, if you go to support --> processes --> adminconsole show are you seeing your server service offline?  I've seen this before and it wasn't network related.  What is your % utilization on your storage pool and the logical volume on the box itself?  You're not full-up are you?

-Chad

Stanleyj
Level 6

After speaking with support they believe an EEB is needed to correct a problem with the optimized puredisk duplication process.

When the services stop my storage pools show down in the master server.  As of right now my services on the appliance are all showing up but thats only becuase i have stopped all duplications to my second appliance until we can get this worked out.

I have am only using about %20 of the available storage on both of my appliances.

Here is what we kind of determined.  I can send a backup to my onsite appliance and directly to my offsite appliance.  i can duplicate to tape without any issues from the primary backup in my SLP.  But if i try to duplicate to my offsite appliance that is when spad and spoold fail and then my storage pools go down. 

They are saying it has nothing to do with me upgrading the master server to 7.1.0.2 but that is the only thing that has changed in months with my netbackup environment. 

Chad_Wansing2
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

were you doing AIR?  I just saw this technote today forwarded to me by one of my peers:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH176536

Stanleyj
Level 6

After working with support for several days an EEB file was sent to me that I applyed to both of my appliances.  Now everything is back to normal.

i dont really know what the patch was for but it worked.  They still are telling me this has nothing to do with updating my master server to 7.1.0.3 but that is the only thing that changed in my netbackup environment within the last few weeks.

Oh well its fixed.  Sorry i cant provide better information for anyone else that might run into this.