cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5220 appliance initial setup problem

jalite275
Level 4

we have a 5220 appliance that needs to configure as a media server, however, the traditional master server is not avialable at this time, is that possible to just configure the appliance networking part now and reconfigure the rest of the setup (host/system, security, appliance role) at a later time?

The reason for making networking ready is that we can configure the appliance again remotely when the master server is ready.

Thanks

Jalite

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rusty_Major
Level 4
Partner

Without comparing that to the command syntax, that looks correct to me. The CLISH is pretty good (for most commands) at prompting you for the next syntax/input in a command.

I recommend not using eth1 for anything and leaving it at the private IP address it comes with. Further, I don't think you can bond that interface with the other 3 you have listed. It looks to be a typo as you have also typo'ed 802.3ad.

Yes, LinkAggregation command is required if you want to do bonding. You *could* set it up the manual way within the OS, but this is much quicker.

Once you get the above configured, you may need to go back and verify your routes are still setup correctly. I recommend doing all of this within the IPMI console so that you don't lock yourself out with a mistyped config or unexpected result.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can configure configure networking using CLISH

Network=Configure  ip mask gateway eth(0,1,2,3)

Also you can setup hostname and DNS entries too

Once master is back into action, simply execute Appliance setup role to media server. That's it

jalite275
Level 4

We now have access to CLISH, I want to configure the 6 NIC interfaces (eth0 and eth1 are onboard NIC, and eth2-eth5 are expansion adaptor) as: eth0 for management, eth1, eth3-eth5 are bonded for backup, will the following command correct?

Network > Configure 192.168.10.15 255.255.255.0 192.168.10.1 eth0

Network > Configure 192.168.150.15 255.255.255.0 192.168.150.1 eth1, eth3, eth4, eth5 892.3ad

Network > LinkAggregation enable

also is the 'LinkAggregation enable' command required?

Rusty_Major
Level 4
Partner

Without comparing that to the command syntax, that looks correct to me. The CLISH is pretty good (for most commands) at prompting you for the next syntax/input in a command.

I recommend not using eth1 for anything and leaving it at the private IP address it comes with. Further, I don't think you can bond that interface with the other 3 you have listed. It looks to be a typo as you have also typo'ed 802.3ad.

Yes, LinkAggregation command is required if you want to do bonding. You *could* set it up the manual way within the OS, but this is much quicker.

Once you get the above configured, you may need to go back and verify your routes are still setup correctly. I recommend doing all of this within the IPMI console so that you don't lock yourself out with a mistyped config or unexpected result.

jalite275
Level 4

Thanks for the replies, I have now successfully setup the appliance networking