Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5230 Appliance root 100% full - unable to elevate to clear space

BearBackup
Level 2

5230 Appliance root 100% full - unable to elevate to clear space

We have a 5230 appliance on 3.1.1 where root has hit 100% 

We are unable to elevate as it says it is "Unable to communicate with the SDCSS Util Daemon." 

I have found posts online about booting the appliance in single user mode but I cannot find clear instructions on how to do this at 3.1.1 

Has anyone dealt with this before? 

4 REPLIES 4

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @BearBackup 

There are a number of solutions to the problem depending on the exact cause, all of which are internal to Veritas. Your best approach will be to log a support ticket and then follow up to get help as soon as possible. 

Sorry I can't help more.
David

BearBackup
Level 2

Thanks for the response

Unfortunately the device is no longer in support while we are looking at getting new devices in. There is no set date for these yet but it leaves us with this issue in the mean time. 

Hi @BearBackup 

That's a pity about the support. The article you have found is probably applicable.

You will most likely need to boot into single user mode with IPS disabled to allow you to make the changes. If the article describes this then try it. 

David

jnardello
   VIP    Certified

Just to be clear, is that the error you get when you run "elevate", or the error you get when you attempt to suspend the IPS stuff ? If you haven't already it's probably worth trying to actually elevate, it could just be that IPS isn't running at all and you're free to do whatever right now.

Although since this is 3 weeks old chances are you've already fixed the problem one way or another. =)