Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIR Duplication failed with error 227 on bptm logs

Adalberto_Blanc
Level 3
Partner

Hello Everybody,

I am facing with a problem when duplicating an AIR replcated backup with this message on the bptm log.

write_backup: cannot add fragment to image database, error = no entity was found

The enviroment is as follow:

there are two Veritas Appliances distributed on two different sites. Each of the Appliances has its own Netbackup Domain.  The SLPs for AIR was implemented to do backup locally, replicate backups to the remotely Applianbces and lastly duplicate the replicated backups to tape.

The locally SLP has Backup and Replicate operation and the remotely has import and duplicate operations.  On the remote Appliance the import has done successfully but when run the duplication job it finishes whit the error 227  / 191

I have read this technote 

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH55980

but the problem still is present.

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adalberto_Blanc
Level 3
Partner

Thank you for replay, the problem was about a vmwarer sql dataprotection backup that the backup works well but the data protection did not work. I resolved the VMware data protection issue and the SLP works fine.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The TN describes status 226 issue, not 227. See if this post helps at all: https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/air-replication-jobs-are-getting-queued#comment-9033921

watsons
Level 6

If the image import succeed on the target site, you can do a verify of that image using the GUI to see if you really "have that image".

Does it happen to all imported images?  If it's just one, try cancel that image from your SLP operation, and manually duplicate it - see if that works.

Adalberto_Blanc
Level 3
Partner

Thank you for replay, the problem was about a vmwarer sql dataprotection backup that the backup works well but the data protection did not work. I resolved the VMware data protection issue and the SLP works fine.

Best Regards