Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIR replication between different NBU releases

ESM_Admin
Level 4
Partner

Hello there,

Can I perform AIR replication between 2 Netbackup release?

I am going to be upgrading my both appliances soon but the upgrade will be spread out between 3-4 weeks. Can I have one appliance on 7.6.0.1 and other on 2.5.2 performing AIR replication?

Thanks,

ESM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Sorry, let me clarify. I was referring to the catalog. AIR is both forward and backward compatible except for catalog backups, which are always only supported on the master server version that created the catalog backup image.

You can replicate any image from 2.5.2->2.6.0.1 or from 2.6.0.1->2.5.2 except the catalog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Yes you can replicate to a version equal or higher, but the purpose of AIR is recovery. If you try to recover your older version site, that's not going to work. It is best to keep the versions matched.

ESM_Admin
Level 4
Partner

thanks for the comments but I dont think I follow - 

If a backup image from NBU 7.5.3 (primary) domain is AIR'ed to NBU (dr) 7.6.0.1 domain, then I should be able to recover that backup image from 7.6.0.1 domain irrespective of what NBU release is running on 7.5.3 domain.

If you could please help clarify, that would be great.

thanks,

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Sorry, let me clarify. I was referring to the catalog. AIR is both forward and backward compatible except for catalog backups, which are always only supported on the master server version that created the catalog backup image.

You can replicate any image from 2.5.2->2.6.0.1 or from 2.6.0.1->2.5.2 except the catalog