cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin console for 5230 master

Stanleyj
Level 6

I have a 5230 (2.6.1) master running in our DR location.  It is primarily used for AIR jobs from i primary DC but is used to backup a few machines here and there in the DR facility.

Apparently i have not tried to connect to it in some time through the admin console and i am having a bit of trouble.  Everytime i connect to the applianc it will only connect with the BAR open and next to the name of the server it says (client) where im use to seeing (master).

I honestly think this is first time i have acutally used the java console to connect as in the past i was connecting through the installed Admin console with version 7.6.  Since upgrading my Primary DC to 7.7 I seem to have lost that window now.

Does anyone know what i could be doing wrong to not get it to connect as a master server so that i can manage jobs and do some restores.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Are you logging in as admin user? You are hopefully using the 7.6.1 Java version and not just 7.6(.0.1) ?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

D_Flood
Level 6

The Java Console (ick, spit, rech) for 7.7 probably doesn't like connecting to a 7.6/2.6 Master.  But, if you install the Java Console from the Addons directory it will install not only the 7.7 version but a 7.6 (and I think 7.5) version...the 7.6 version should be able to connect to your 7.6/2.6 Master Appliance.

Stanleyj
Level 6

Acutally the 7.6 version is the only one that will actually connect but only give me the BAR and shows the appliance as a client.  I attempted installing the original 7.6 admin console and it gives and error about not being able to get the version from the master.

I setup backup jobs on this appliance using the 7.6 console 1 year ago when we upgraded to the 5230 so i know that at some point i was able to connect to it.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Are you logging in as admin user? You are hopefully using the 7.6.1 Java version and not just 7.6(.0.1) ?

ashudhoundiyal
Level 3

Try accessing with JNBSA if you can. For this you have to override critical protection first. To override critical protection on appliance, please go through the security guide for appliance.

cruisen
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello Stanleyj

I remember a similar issues that was because my bp.conf from my master server got currepted 'edited with wrong entries' . After restoring back the bpconf from older days I was able to reconect to the admin console without any issue.

You can check if this applies, by restarting netbackup services, you should see that some services do not start correctly.

Best regards,

Cruisen

Stanleyj
Level 6

Thank you all for the suggestions but it appears my issue was something network related.  A few days after i opened this post the admin console connected without any issues using the same methods i have always used.  Our network engineer....   Said he made some "modifications" to the tunnel connected to our DR site, but never truly disclosed what was changed.  Im going to guess that a paticular protocal was being denied considering it would connect me as a client but not with the ability to manage the appliance.