SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have a site with two locations:

Location A

1 x Windows Master, 2 x 5220 Media Appliances

Location B

1 x 5220 Master Appliance, 1 x 5220 Media Appliance

I have just upgraded Master and both Media Servers (appliances) at Location A from 7611/2611 to 772/272 successfully - all functions well.

After upgrade of Master 5220 Appliance at Location B from 2611 to 272 I cannnot connect successfully with the 772 Java Client.  When I attempt to connect I get the error as detailed in

Could not connect to Netbackup Service Layer - and the regular BAR interface starts as opposed to the Admin Console.

I have checked the bp.conf on the appliance and it has no entry for REQUIRED_INTERFACE so the fix as suggested in the above is not relavent.

I have also checked we have a loopback entry in the etc\hosts file on the appliancce - all OK there.  Same isssue from any PC running the JAVA Remote Admin Console.

Master server is defined with short-name, and I have tried to connect with both short and FQDN - same result.  I could conect to this appliance successfully prior to upgrade using the Java 761 Admin Console - so the 272 upgrade has introduced the issue.

This is the last step in the upgrade for both locations - any assistance appreciated.

AJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Resolved this with the assistance of US support.

The particular tech I was talking to had seen this 3 times previously.  The resolution is fairly convoluted, and that is why Veritas have not published it.  It was all resolved in around 20 minutes an we were good to go.  The issue is as a result of the upgrade process - however I have upgraded 6 5220/5230 Appliances to 272 so far and not seen this issue before.

The KEYSTORE was recreated and the NBAZDB database was recreated.

AJ

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

D_Flood
Level 6

That sounds suspiciously like the problem the security patch caused my my 7.6.1.2 system.  You might want to try the fix listed here:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000108224

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Resolved this with the assistance of US support.

The particular tech I was talking to had seen this 3 times previously.  The resolution is fairly convoluted, and that is why Veritas have not published it.  It was all resolved in around 20 minutes an we were good to go.  The issue is as a result of the upgrade process - however I have upgraded 6 5220/5230 Appliances to 272 so far and not seen this issue before.

The KEYSTORE was recreated and the NBAZDB database was recreated.

AJ