Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrade nbu5220 to 2.7.2, windows Java console can not login

Mile_cn
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

I had upgraded netbackup appliance 5220 from version 2.6.1.2 to 2.7.2, then I found netbackup java console 7.7.2 can not connect to nbu5220(master server).

error:

CertificateAuthenticationException encountered, NetBackup could not initiate a trust relationship with host "xxx". Ensure that your Domain Name Service (DNS) resolves the hostname to the correct IP address and check network connectivity.

ping from my notebook to nbu5220:ok

ping from my nbu5220 to notebook:ok

4 REPLIES 4

Mile_cn
Level 3
Partner Accredited
I also found that nbatd process can not start. #bpps -x|grep -i nbatd root 58176 1 0 03:03 ? 00:00:00 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/private/nbatd -c /usr/openv/var/global/vxss/eab/data # netstat -anp |grep -i 13783 no output

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please have a look at the attachment in this post: 

https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/772-upgrade-you-must-deploy-netbackup-machine-certificate-h... 

The instructions in the txt file is for a Windows server.

If you are not comfortable translating Windows to Linux paths, please log a call with Veritas Support for Linux instructions.

Mile_cn
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Thank you , Marianne. Could you please tell me why NetBackup Authorization database (NBAZDB) need to be reconfig? Now netbackup can backup and restore , but we can't active slp. # nbstlutil active -lifecycle arch_file cannot connect to nbstserv

Mile_cn
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Sorry for replying so late.

At last, the TSE found hostid is "00000000", and we reimaged the appliance.