cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appliance 5240 and SAN zoning limitation

stucci
Level 6

Hi all,

I would like to understand if the Appliance have some limitation as number of LUN zoned and presented.

thank you,

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Please see : https://access.redhat.com/articles/rhel-limits

Answer is either 8192 for Red Hat 6 or 10.000 for Red Hat 7 (theoretical maximums). Be aware that multipathing will reduce the maximum limit.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Any limitation would be whatever the limitation of FC/SCSI is (Its a redhat server under the covers)

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Please see : https://access.redhat.com/articles/rhel-limits

Answer is either 8192 for Red Hat 6 or 10.000 for Red Hat 7 (theoretical maximums). Be aware that multipathing will reduce the maximum limit.

Thank you Nicolai, I see the article, and i read also the point 13 and 14 at the end of the page, that they say:

13. Larger numbers are possible, depending on testing and support by the specific hardware vendor. For example, EMC supports up to 8,192 device paths on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. Consult your hardware vendor to determine their limit, and confirm with your Red Hat support representative. In no case will Red Hat support a limit that exceeds the limit supported by the hardware vendor.
14. It may be necessary to increase certain driver parameters to reach these limits. Consult with your Red Hat support representative.

So now I would like understand, what is my hardware vendor ? and what is the limit setted by default ?? I m speaking about a new Appliance 5240, do you think that I can ask to Veritas via Case ??

thank you!

NB. Thank you @Marianne for your advisory

Hi all,

we found an issue in zoning/masking settings (SAN team guys) and now all work fine. Thank you for your support !

Have a great day