Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appliance images

Carlos_T_
Level 2

Hello

I have two appliances A & B

i want copy backup images from appliance A to appliance B.

I do not want to use slp´s

Is there any procedure to export / import images without slp´s ?

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

This is reverse AIR so you will need an identically named SLP at the target domain that just has an import within it.

Once that exists then if the image has been replicated across the SLP will import it .. you will only see the import job run

Setup the SLP, give it some time and see if it runs.

You can also run this on the remote site:

nbstlutil pendimplist

This shows any images held on the site awaiting import

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Possible
Level 6
Accredited Certified

U can use linux utilities (scp,...) to copy images between two servers.

I would have used SLP as it would have assured me 100%.

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I would like to get more information about your environment. Are they in the same domain?Are you trying to replace one master with another? Just trying to understand the strategy

If this is different domains, you would want to use AIR SLP to initiate the backup. Otherwise use Optimized deduplication

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Use scp to copy images?!!!! surprise

Most definitely not recommended and not supported by Symantec!

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If they are both media servers under the same master, you can use bpduplicate command or Duplicate function in the Catalog section of the GUI.

If they are both master servers or media servers under different masters, AIR with SLPs is the only way.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

As Marianne says DO NOT USE SCP - horrified!!!

For same NetBackup domain use bpduplicate

For different NetBackup domains use nbreplicate (know also as reverse AIR)

Carlos_T_
Level 2

Thanks 

As I can find if my appliances are in the same domain?

Can give me an example of use command bpduplicate ?

Sorry for my english i am from spain.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

When you open your NetBackup admin console do you see both appliances in there as media servers?

If you do they are in the same NetBackup domain, if not they are in different domains.

If they are in the same domain you can just go to the catalog section of the admin console - select "duplicate" at the top left - set your search criteria and click "Search". Once you have the results you can highlight them and right click and select Duplicate .. then just select the storage unit on the other appliance.

If they are not in the same domain you will need to use replication - see part 4. of this tech note for details:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&pmv=print&impressions=&viewlocale=&id=TE...

Carlos_T_
Level 2

Thanks Mark

I dont´see both appliances as media servers in my netbackup admin console. I think there aren´t in the same domain.

The name of my appliances is:

adkbck01 (Master server origin)

adkbck02 (Master server Destination)

I use command

nbreplicate -backupid nfs_fei_1385853856 -cn 1 -rcn 1 -slp_name SLP_Mensual_TC  -altreadhost adkbck01 -v

The operation is ok in Master server adkbck01 (origin)

In adkbck02 (Master server destination) i don´t see the image replicated. In Job monitor i dont´s see nothing.

I'm doing wrong?

Best Regards.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

This is reverse AIR so you will need an identically named SLP at the target domain that just has an import within it.

Once that exists then if the image has been replicated across the SLP will import it .. you will only see the import job run

Setup the SLP, give it some time and see if it runs.

You can also run this on the remote site:

nbstlutil pendimplist

This shows any images held on the site awaiting import