Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appliance software Trap fail

Arturo_Lopez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Recently added and configured de SNMP Traps on the appliance and all hardware test were OK. The only problem is the software trap that i don't receive anything. I Stopped all process on Appliance and didn't appear any trap.
I have Launched a Backup that finally finish with error 6 and neither appear any trap.

The appliace is a 5230 with Netbackup 7.6.0.4

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

You may be able to use a small simple freeware utility to act as an SNMP trap receiver - to prove whether traps are being sent out.

I've previously used this:

http://www.bttsoftware.co.uk/snmptrap.html

So, if you configure two SNMP targets on your appliance - the first to where you really want your traps to be sent, and another to a server which is running the software above... then you should be able to confirm that traps are being sent.

Whether they arrive at the primary target or not is a different matter - but at least you'll know they are being sent.  After that you can go to your networking / firewall team to find out why packets are being dropped, or not routed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

You may be able to use a small simple freeware utility to act as an SNMP trap receiver - to prove whether traps are being sent out.

I've previously used this:

http://www.bttsoftware.co.uk/snmptrap.html

So, if you configure two SNMP targets on your appliance - the first to where you really want your traps to be sent, and another to a server which is running the software above... then you should be able to confirm that traps are being sent.

Whether they arrive at the primary target or not is a different matter - but at least you'll know they are being sent.  After that you can go to your networking / firewall team to find out why packets are being dropped, or not routed.