cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS firmware upgrades on 5240 hangs

SHollist
Level 3

I've got an enviorment with three 5240's that I've been doing firmware upgrades on. Everything works fine, except the BIOS upgrade. They will sit and hang for hours with no progress.

Is there a technote on how to do the BIOS firmware upgrade on the 5240's without using the CLISH?

Is this a known issue, or is something weid gonig on in this particular enviorment?

4 REPLIES 4

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi

I did some upgrades on 5240's without any issues... But I got BIOS as well instructions from VRTS - are you following their procedures? Sometime it is the best to do it from local appliance physical console... Although I did it via ssh - so remotely.

Where can I find those instructions? I've just been told to do it from the CLISH.

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi SHollist,

I'm surprised that if you got the BIOS update files from Veritas, that there were no installation instructions.

Previously, the BIOS update instructions were extremely poor - but on the last one I had to do, the instructions were significantly improved.  I have attached a copy of the instructions I used last time (This was for 5230 Appliances).

I would have a look in the zip file you got your BIOS upgrade files in to see if there is a similar installation instruction sheet, specific to your model.

Hope this helps,

Steve

I didn't get the BIOS firmware from support. They just pointed me to using the CLISH. Nothing else.

Thanks for the instruction, unforntatly those appear to be for using a USB drive to do the upgrade. I don't have physical access to the appliance, and involving someone who does would significantly add to the difficulty of getting it done.