cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browsing the appliance

Stanleyj
Level 6
Is there a way to browse the appliance to see whats on it? Or is there a way to run a report to see what images are actually on the appliance. I would like to monitor it to makes sure images are expiring and being removed.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AbdulRasheed
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Stanleyj,

NetBackup has two reports which can help you.

1. Images on disk report: since the appliance is a deduplication disk pool, you can run this report with the name of the disk pool selected. It will show you all the images on the appliance

2. Disk pool status report: This will show you the current capacity, usage etc. One thing to remember though. By design, this report will show 10% less space that what is available on appliance. For details, please see http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH147484

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AbdulRasheed
Level 6

Hi Stanleyj,

NetBackup has two reports which can help you.

1. Images on disk report: since the appliance is a deduplication disk pool, you can run this report with the name of the disk pool selected. It will show you all the images on the appliance

2. Disk pool status report: This will show you the current capacity, usage etc. One thing to remember though. By design, this report will show 10% less space that what is available on appliance. For details, please see http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH147484

Hope this helps.

Stanleyj
Level 6
Those reports are exactly what i was looking for!! Now if i could just figure out why I have images with no expiration date.

AbdulRasheed
Level 6

Hi Stanleyj,

Not sure what you are seeing. Are you saying that you have images on disk with infinite retention?

When you use storage life cycle policy with multiple destinations, (e.g. backup destination is a deduplication pool, duplication destination is a media manager storage unit), NetBackup will temporarily use infinity as the retention period (i.e. no expiration date) until the second copy is made. This is to make sure that the first copy does not expire before the second copy is made.