cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Home Feature

Stanleyj
Level 6
Does anyone know what this is actually doing? I had a drive go out yesterday and didnt recieve any messages other than the hardware emails that the appliance generates. I called support today to opened a ticket and a drive is being over nighted to me. I asked who the call home feature was suppose to be contacting and the support person was unsure and said that it is better to open a ticket. So should I be expectin two drives to arrive in the mail or is the feature really usless?
2 REPLIES 2

Sebastian_Baszc
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hey Mate,

It depends where you are.

From what I know call home feature worked only in the US (I'm located in Australia and it didn't work for me).

We raised this issues with SYmantec's managers and they had a call to figure out how it should work.

If you want to use this feature - check with your Symantec Account Manager - he should escalate this to specific team.

Seb

Jryankee
Level 3
The call home feature today is not pro-active in any way. While Symantec will get notified of hardware issue if configured, they will not reach out to customer. They are working on this infrastructure. Once you call in and a open a ticket then the support engineer will look at the errors received and take the proper actions.