cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot enable WAN optimization on a 5220 appliance

Gdd
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I cannot enable WAN optimisation on a NetBackup 5220 appliance (version 2.5.1 = NetBackup 7.5.4).

xxxxxx.WANOptimization> Enable

Error enabling WAN Optimization

xxxxxx.WANOptimization> Parameters

WAN Optimization Driver not loaded

Is ther some prerequisite : no backup when WAN optimisation is enabled, some licences required, ...

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Maybe same licensing issue that Mark experienced? https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/netbackup-52005220-appliances-251-now-available#comme...

Best to open a Support call.

Stanleyj
Level 6

Did you happen to find a solution to this?  Im just discovered today that i get the same message?  Im also running 2.5.1, 7.5.0.4 but on a 5200.

I really believe that prior to the 2.5.1 upgrade i had this enabled.

Gdd
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have received the following reply from symantec support:

This is a known issue and engineering is working on it.  I will update you as soon as I have a binary fix

Gdd
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have received the following reply from symantec support:

This is a known issue and engineering is working on it.  I will update you as soon as I have a binary fix

ChetteB
Level 3
Partner Accredited
This will also happen if during setup of the appliance wan optimization is not selected. There are two kernels available on the appliances. Wan optimized and non wan optimized. You can switch to the wan optimized kernel and this will resolve the issue. Symantec support can walk you through how to do this if you are unsure how to.

Gdd
Level 6
Partner Accredited

An update has beens Supplied by symantec. Now "wan optimization" works fine.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

yes

Did we provide an EEB or was it fixed in 2.5.2?  (Or both?)

If we provided an EEB, could you please share the Etrack number for the benefit of anyone else coming across this thread?