Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot place my files on mapping network drives with Appliance 5220

yotsapat
Level 3
Certified

Hello

I want to upgrade my Appliance 5220 to lastet version (2.6.0.1) but I got a problem with \install path.

I opened CIFS share by the step Main_Menu > Manage > Software > Share Open and can map //<Appliance hostname>/install path with my PC but when I placed my patch files from local into its, it has an error like in the picture.

5-3-2557 18-38-29.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TomerG
Level 6
Partner Employee Accredited Certified

This may be a problem with the space in the folder name. On windows if I type just \\appliance\incoming patches and hit enter, it just catches the \\appliances\incoming part of it... you have to put quotes around the whole thing for it to work properly, i.e. "\\appliances\incoming patches" in the windows explorer or Run dialog box.

Path.jpg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Once you have opened the share you should map the drive using the alternate login option

The drive to map should actually be \\appliancename\incoming patches\ and not what you have shown

You should then use the alternate user of appliancename\admin and your password to the appliance as the password

That should work then

yotsapat
Level 3
Certified

I try map with appliance local user like your suggestion but it still didn't work. it show same messages as map with domain user.

Does appliance have someway to change permission of share path? it may be gonna work. 

6-3-2557 12-03-28.jpg

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

You are still showing the \\appliancename\install\ and that is not the right thing to map to - that is for CIFS

The mapped drive should point to \\appliancename\incoming patches\

yotsapat
Level 3
Certified

I can't map with \\appliancename\incoming patches\ path. Did I type correctly or there are some step before access to \incoming patches\ .

7-3-2557 10-54-55.jpg

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Maybe step 3 of this process is missing?

See these steps in Appliance Admin Guide:

1 You should perform this procedure from a computer that is connected to the
appliance as well as to the Internet. This ensures that you can download the
release update from the Symantec Support Web site to the appliance.
2 Open an SSH session and log on to the appliance as an administrator.
3 Enter the following command to open the NFS and the CIFS shares:
Main_Menu > Manage > Software > Share Open
4 Map or mount the appliance share directory as follows:
Map the following appliance CIFS share on your
computer:
\\<appliance-name>\incoming patches

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

As long as you set the user a appliancename\admin and used your appliances password it should be OK

Having said that I have seen it only work when you actually use P@ssw0rd for some reason - you could try that.

If it still fails then close and re-open the share and try again

Better still give your appliance internet access and let is check for the the software itself - it will then download it to where it needs it

TomerG
Level 6
Partner Employee Accredited Certified

This may be a problem with the space in the folder name. On windows if I type just \\appliance\incoming patches and hit enter, it just catches the \\appliances\incoming part of it... you have to put quotes around the whole thing for it to work properly, i.e. "\\appliances\incoming patches" in the windows explorer or Run dialog box.

Path.jpg