cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot select "Use Accelerator" with NBU Admin Console, but Java Console works

Mike_M__in_Ariz
Level 3
Partner

I've noticed some annoyingly odd behavior in that when the policy attribute window is open in NetBackup Admin Console, it will not let me have the "Use Acclerator" option checked and gives the following error:

"To use the accelerator, select storage units from a supported storage server: PureDisk Deduplication (PPDO), Media Server Deduplication (MSDP), Symantec clouds, and other qualified storage servers. Currently configured and supported storage servers are: <none>"

I cannot move past this error without cancelling my policy changes.

However, I can enable it with the Java console with no problem or errors?   WHY?    I've seen this on both 5220 and 5230 master/media servers in pointing to the dedup pool.

I've seen a thread where the Optimized Image flag needs to be enabled.   (which it is)

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/unable-select-use-accelerator-msdp-storage-unit

Or it could be a license issue if this option is not seen:  (However in my instance, Accelerator is enabled per the license)

Feature ID      = 88 Accelerator +

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mike_M__in_Ariz
Level 3
Partner

I believe I found that the resolution lies in using the Run As: Administrator properties of the NetBackup Admin Console.

Weird console problems have started since Win 2008 and seem to continue with Windows 7.

Running the consoles as Administrator seems to resolve them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mike_M__in_Ariz
Level 3
Partner

I believe I found that the resolution lies in using the Run As: Administrator properties of the NetBackup Admin Console.

Weird console problems have started since Win 2008 and seem to continue with Windows 7.

Running the consoles as Administrator seems to resolve them.

SteveYu
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Actually this is a known issue. The technote below describes the solution. Personally option 3 is my choice

Copy installpath\VERITAS\NetBackup\var\global\device_mappings.txt from a master or media server to the same location on the Remote Administration Console machine.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH189730

-Steve