cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command Line Administration of netbackup appliance

Sachin507
Level 3

Hi All,

I am new to netbackup appliances, and face issue while day to day monitoring, like if want to run any command eg : bpimagelist etc.... i am not sure where to go and run them. the command line is totally different. I search some appliance guide but didnt got anything regarding this. Can anybody suggest a  basic document to use command line on netbackup appliance for administration.

Netbackup appliance :5220,  OS UNIX.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

symantec040
Level 4

@ Sachin507,

For 5020,

Main.menu> Admin> su

#

&

For 5220,

Main.Menu> Support > Maintenance> 

Enter Password: (you will get the default password from your colleague/Symc Support/ I could share it here but its good practise you get it from right people on a public forum).

Maintenance:> elevate

Now that should be on your mind 24x7. 

Once elevate is done - you will go to root prompt #

# <type your commands>

Now I am would assume you to be familiar with Netbackup commands. 

- Kamesh

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

symantec040
Level 4

@ Sachin507,

For 5020,

Main.menu> Admin> su

#

&

For 5220,

Main.Menu> Support > Maintenance> 

Enter Password: (you will get the default password from your colleague/Symc Support/ I could share it here but its good practise you get it from right people on a public forum).

Maintenance:> elevate

Now that should be on your mind 24x7. 

Once elevate is done - you will go to root prompt #

# <type your commands>

Now I am would assume you to be familiar with Netbackup commands. 

- Kamesh

Sachin507
Level 3

thanks, it worked, i am able to execute normal command. can you suggest any document or guide for netbackup appliances.

Sachin507
Level 3

also there is another thing that i didnt use "Elevate", if i do Elevate then it gives this output :

maintenance-!> Elevate
bash: Elevate: command not found

Query : Why do we actually required to do  "Elevate" if we can run commands without it.

symantec040
Level 4

@ Sachin 507, 

Unless you do elevate, you are still using the CLISH interface to run the nbu commands. Mostly they should work here. 

As you do elevate it should ask you for a default password which you can refer to your peers.

As you do that you are allowed to the root level on the appliance (or) the hash prompt #.

For the document, yes please try google.com with Symantec Netbackup 5220 Admin doc. It will have the information you are looking, documented.

Please share the output of /etc/nbapp-release & df -h , the elevate should work good without errors. Get the outputs and start another thread.

- Kamesh