Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comunication problem appliances

Arturo_Lopez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I have a big problem about three appliances 5230. The network team created two subnets in the same VLAN to comunicate the three appliances without firewalls. (The comunication do it between to switches). One appliance have one subnet and the other two have another subnet but is the same for this appliances. All three appliances had configure bonding.Two with balanced bongin (appliance 2 y appliance 3) and the other with 802 bonding (appliance 3)

The resumen of the problem:

Appliance 1 : When I try to connect to the others two appliances (appliance 2 and appliance 3) by telnet to port 13724 runs ok and work it.

Appliance 2 and Appliance 3 : When I try to connect this two appliances with appliance 1 by telnet to the port 13724 not runs. (This appliances not connect between us because is not configured in the switches althought they are in the same subnet)

But... The connection works when i do the next. Launch the telnet in the appliance 2 to appliance 1 and from appliance 3 to appliance 1 and in the same time launch the telnet to the appliance 1 to appliance 2. All connections works.

The team that manage the switches say me that all it's configured ok and says that the problem it's possible to stay in the appliances. It's a problem that i don't understand because the comunication works in one way but in the other ways not works but when i launch all in the same time in this order that i explain works!

Sorry for my explication. If anyone help me with this problem.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arturo_Lopez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi everyone,

Finally we have a problem with rules in the router. The network team solve the last week the problem.

Thanks you sou much!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Please explain using names and IP addresses/subnets etc as it is unclear from the current explanation.

Arturo_Lopez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I added the ip's:

I have a big problem about three appliances 5230. The network team created two subnets in the same VLAN to comunicate the three appliances without firewalls.
(The comunication do it between to switches). One appliance have one subnet and the other two have another subnet but is the same for this appliances.
All three appliances had configure bonding.
Two with balanced bongin (appliance_1 y appliance_2) and the other with 802 bonding (appliance_3)

The resumen of the problem:

appliance_1 (192.168.77.133) : When I try to connect to the others two appliances appliance_2 (192.180.15.197) and appliance_3 (192.168.15.198) by telnet to port 13724 runs ok and work it.

appliance_2 (192.180.15.197) and appliance_3 (192.168.15.198) : When I try to connect this two appliances with appliance_1 (192.168.77.133) by telnet to the port 13724 not runs.
(This appliances not connect between us because is not configured in the switches althought they are in the same subnet)

But... The connection works when i do the next. Launch the telnet in the appliance_2 (192.180.15.197) to appliance_1 (192.168.77.133) and from appliance_3 (192.168.15.198)
to appliance_1 (192.168.77.133) and in the same time launch the telnet to the appliance_1 (192.168.77.133) to appliance_2 (192.180.15.197). All connections works.

The team that manage the switches say me that all it's configured ok and says that the problem it's possible to stay in the appliances. It's a problem that i don't understand because the comunication works in one way but in the other ways not works but when i launch all in the same time in this order that i explain works!

Thanks

Arturo_Lopez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Anyone knows that's possible by the appliance or we have a problem in the network?

Arturo_Lopez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi everyone,

Finally we have a problem with rules in the router. The network team solve the last week the problem.

Thanks you sou much!