cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Files From Appliance

dwilson
Level 4

Can someone explain to me how to copy files from an appliance to a Windows client? I hve tried utilities such as Winscp and PSCP without any luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

What files do you need?

If they are logs of any sort then just go to Support - Logs - Share Open and map a drive to \\appliancename\logs\ using appliancename\admin and your password

This displays the O/S, Appliance and NetBackup logs all within that folder.

It is also handy as you can go into the O/S (Support - Maintenance) and cp a file to say /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/ and then see it in the logs share to copy it off

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Rusty_Major
Level 4
Partner

Which appliance model are you referring to?

Ed_Carter
Level 4
Certified

On our 5220's think Winscp worked fine on 2.5 but after installing 2.5.1 wouldn't work anymore.

Try this from maintainance (elevate)

mv /admin/.bashrc /admin/.bashrc.back

You should now be able to connect WINSCP to the appliance using the admin account. When finished remember to run the reverse.

mv /admin/.bashrc.back /admin/.bashrc

Cheers

Ed

dwilson
Level 4

Sorry ours is a 5220 and on 2.5.1 as well. Ed I will give you commands a try an report back. Also do you have any documentation or could you explain what the commands do? I am fairly new to the Appliance/Linux environment, so trying to learn everything I can.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

What files do you need?

If they are logs of any sort then just go to Support - Logs - Share Open and map a drive to \\appliancename\logs\ using appliancename\admin and your password

This displays the O/S, Appliance and NetBackup logs all within that folder.

It is also handy as you can go into the O/S (Support - Maintenance) and cp a file to say /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/ and then see it in the logs share to copy it off

Hope this helps

dwilson
Level 4

Mark - this is exactly what I needed in order to FTP over my log files....Thanks.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

OK great - would have been nice if you had marked the comment that led to the solution to assist others searching for a similar thing in the future - Thanks

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

PS - dont forget to do Logs - Share Close once you have finished

dwilson
Level 4

DOH!!! Was doing to many things at once. I have corrected the Solution. Thanks again.

Hi,

i got message as below

'/admin/.bashrc.back' : Permission denied