cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB2 backups failing with error code 54

anishC5
Level 5
Partner Certified

Our NBU environment consists of appliance version 5220 with NBU 7.5. the client is running a DB2 policy which is failing with error code 54.

I tried changing the client time out setting to 4800 from 300 but it is not reflecting in the client. Do i need to restart the master server services once? I have already restarted the client NB services. What are the other logs I can refer to?

Any ideas would be very much helpful.

Thanks, Anish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

anishC5
Level 5
Partner Certified

Hi, This is what I did to resolve the issue. increase the client read timout from default 300 secs to 2400 secs or 1800 secs which ever is feasible to your environment. The backups are now successful.

Cheers,

Anish

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Douglas_A
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Check the DB2 script it sounds like either you have a virtual name for the host or maybe multiple NICS with different DNS names.. you need to make sure all communication is using the name specified in NBU and DNS.

If you can from each server component run the bpclntcmd

Master - bpclntcmd -hn <db2 host>

Media - bpclntcmd -hn <db2 host>

Client - bpclntcmd -pn

client - bpclntcmd -self

all the returned IPs and Names shoudl match whats in your NBU policy and the DB2 script.

Im guessing that one of these is off or simply enough on the DB2 server the Netbackup client is not running :)

Good luck.

anishC5
Level 5
Partner Certified

Hi, This is what I did to resolve the issue. increase the client read timout from default 300 secs to 2400 secs or 1800 secs which ever is feasible to your environment. The backups are now successful.

Cheers,

Anish