cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk Space Reclamation from MSDP

Amjad_Mehmood
Level 4

Hi Everyone,

I have netbackup appliance 5240, and i am using it as my media server. What i am facing is MSDP is not automatically removing expired images, i have to do this manually, i want someone to help me on how to it will work automatically as it should do this process daily. But it is not working for that.

Your help will be highly appriciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

andrew_mcc1
Level 6
   VIP   

I think you will have to provide more details on what you are seeing. MSDP doesn't simply remove backup images after they expire, it runs disk space reclamation which involves a number separate processes that can take a while to run. Also if the expired images had high deduplication rates, it is likely only a very small amount of storage will actually be reclaimed.

Andrew

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

andrew_mcc1
Level 6
   VIP   

I think you will have to provide more details on what you are seeing. MSDP doesn't simply remove backup images after they expire, it runs disk space reclamation which involves a number separate processes that can take a while to run. Also if the expired images had high deduplication rates, it is likely only a very small amount of storage will actually be reclaimed.

Andrew