cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do it is possible to configure the management LAN via IPMI ?

stucci
Level 6

Hello guys,

I have a new appliance on a remote site with only the IPMI configured. Do you think that is it possible to configure the management lan via IPMI interface ? I found this configuration but I wouldn't broke the IPMI configuration and loss the connection. Thank you very much!

Cattura.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Stucci,

As Smsaccet1 has said, that screen is your IPMI config.  If you change this, you'll most likley break your IPMI and have no access from then on.

Your only option from here would be to go to the Remote Control tab, and then select Console Redirection-->Launch Console.  I'm not sure if you've used this before, and there can be some gotcha's like Java version & config on the PC you're running it from.

This will give you a redirected console to your appliance.  I can't say I've ever used this where I don't have at least one of the other IP interfaces configured - but I see this as your best shot.  If you can get in via that you may be able to configure your other interface from command line or CLISH.

Hope this helps,

Steve

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

smsaccet1
Level 4

whatever you see it here should be your IPMI IP. you IPMI port cant be configured to connect Netbackup appliance management console.

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Stucci,

As Smsaccet1 has said, that screen is your IPMI config.  If you change this, you'll most likley break your IPMI and have no access from then on.

Your only option from here would be to go to the Remote Control tab, and then select Console Redirection-->Launch Console.  I'm not sure if you've used this before, and there can be some gotcha's like Java version & config on the PC you're running it from.

This will give you a redirected console to your appliance.  I can't say I've ever used this where I don't have at least one of the other IP interfaces configured - but I see this as your best shot.  If you can get in via that you may be able to configure your other interface from command line or CLISH.

Hope this helps,

Steve

tks guys, I understand and I solved using the remote Clish, thank you very much