cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive Firmware for NBU 5230 Appliance 3.0

arctics2
Level 5

Looking for drive firmware and driver for appliance software version 3.0.  During the upgrade, I was prompted with a message that stated the firmware should be updated according to https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000108370 however, the article doesn't appear to contain downloads for 3.0.

I have already verified that my drives require the updates.

2 REPLIES 2

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Arctics2,

I'd say you need to raise a case with Veritas Support for this.

The article says it applies to 5230 (Versions 2.7.1 and 2.7.2) and 5330 (Versions 2.7.1 and 2.7.2).  The "Download Attachments" link shows versions 2.7.1, 2.7.2 and also 2.7.3 - although that version is only mentioned at the bottom of the article (referring to Raid Driver) and not in the "Products" it applies to.

Also the download links don't show which ones are for the 5230 and 5330.  As you mentioned, no reference to version 3.0 at all.

So it's off to Support you go I guess Smiley LOL    PS: Maybe also give them a poke with a sharp stick and get them to update that Technote so it includes 3.0 (maybe with reference to your issue as well), and also have the download links show which type of appliance they are for.

Steve

Arctics2,

I too have a customer that is in the same boat.  They upgraded from 2.7.2 to 3.0.  The upgrade completed fine, but they were warned that they should upgrade the Drive Firmware.  When I looked for the firmware, there was only 2.7.2 and 2.7.3 versions.  I placed a support call, and the support tech said there was a manual process to upgrade the firmware on a 3.0 appliance.  Then they came back and said it would be better to wait for the EEB that would be out in the next couple of months.  They said that as long as everything was functioning, there was no need to run the manual process.  But if there were issues that are related to this firmware, they would make an emergency EEB just for you.

Jim