cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: Cannot enable the SAN Client Fibre Transport. Unsupported hardware configuration exists.

Jacobus
Not applicable

I am trying to Enable the SAN Client FT media server on out 5220 Appliance, but get the following error;

"ERROR: Cannot enable the SAN Client Fibre Transport. Unsupported hardware configuration exists"

I found someone else posted the exact same problem on the following forum page, but a solution was never posted, and the discussion is locked.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/error-cannot-enable-san-client-fibre-transport-unsupported-hardware-configuration-exists

I placed a suport call with Symantec, but still waiting for a call back.

Any ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Do you have your fibre all cabled up?

Dont use port 3 for FT as it is reserved for tape

Which version is the appliance at?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Do you have your fibre all cabled up?

Dont use port 3 for FT as it is reserved for tape

Which version is the appliance at?

Jack_van_Gorkum
Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. As it turns out, this is not required. We are using the FC connections for tape-outs and VADP backups. We will not be using the SAN Client Media Server capabilities.

Cheers, Jack... 

ALE_DA_SUL
Level 2
Employee Accredited
HI, Follow what i did on my case with the same situation: 1 - add HBA Card on Slot 2 (to san Client must be slot 1 or slot 4) 2 - On hardware monitor show the HBA added on Line in Initiator Mode without error. My HBA card model its : QLE2562. So you need to do this TechNote: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH157474# Run under CLISH mode. If success the FibreTransport will be done. Rebember to check the port with "*", because this is the port that must be use for SAN Client, the second port its not use for this. Regards, Alexandre.