cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications on backups from Netbackup 5230

TaffJensen
Not applicable

I've tried to setup email notifications on backup competions on the clients.  I set it up in the admin console under the universal settings to come from the Server send mail and the Client send mail.  I read an article that said to use blat to send the email and the test mail from it works but when I look for the ndmail.com file it doesn't exist under the bin nor the bin\goodies directory on the clients.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

D_Flood
Level 6

The Appliances don't use Blat, that's for Windows Masters/Media Servers.

Since the Appliances run Linux, they use the program Postfix (already installed) which you configure from either the admin menus or the web gui (not the Java Console).  In most cases all you have to specify is the "from" email address and (if your DNS doesn't provide it via a MX record) whatever internal box is your email relay point.

You didn't say which version you were running on your 5230 but here's the overall link to the documentation (they tend to move things around with each version change).  The Administration manual for your version should have a section on configuring SMTP for your specific version...

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000002217

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

D_Flood
Level 6

The Appliances don't use Blat, that's for Windows Masters/Media Servers.

Since the Appliances run Linux, they use the program Postfix (already installed) which you configure from either the admin menus or the web gui (not the Java Console).  In most cases all you have to specify is the "from" email address and (if your DNS doesn't provide it via a MX record) whatever internal box is your email relay point.

You didn't say which version you were running on your 5230 but here's the overall link to the documentation (they tend to move things around with each version change).  The Administration manual for your version should have a section on configuring SMTP for your specific version...

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000002217