Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange server GRT restore issue

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi,

I have Netbackup 7.5 and Exchange 2010 backup with GRT enabled.

GRT backup was completed successfully, but while try to search individual mail for restore, it is failing with ERROR: database system error

Anyone help me on this issue.

5 REPLIES 5

Mai_Ali
Level 4
Accredited Certified

This problem can occur if the Client for NFS service on the client is not installed, not started or not functioning properly.

For fix this problem, you can refer below link

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH205527

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi,

I can able to view individual mail for restore with advanced disk, but i am not able to view individual mail with deduplication storage unit due to error : ERROR: database system error

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

In my experience this is down to four things:

1. Timeout values

2. Storage Unit Fragment Size

3. GRT Proxy

4. Version of NetBackup

For the timeouts it helps to set the client read timeouts on the Media Server and client (each DAG member) to be high - 1800 or 3600

The Storage Unit fragment size doesn't help for backups you have already done but i always use a Storage Unit Size of 5000MB on any disk or de-dupe storage unit that will be doing GRT backups (in fact i tend to use this size for any disk anyway!)

You can also try using the Media Server as the GRT proxy to see if that helps (client host properties - exchange section of all DAG members)

Finally always keep NBU up to date - there were hardcoded bpcd and bpdbm timeout changes in later versions of NBU to overcome just this issue - 7.1.0.3 had it first addressed and you say you are on 7.5 but worth making sure you are up to date and always keep application clients on the same level as the Media Servers

Hope this helps

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your information.

The issue with The issue with nbfsd is not able to mount the image on media server, broken link which do not point to any image.

Rebooted the Media server, Now I can able to browse the individual items from GRT backup.

Issue has been resolved.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Using or not using the GRT proxy can help with this as it varies where the image has to be mounted

Glad you are sorted anyway