cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLEX Appliance - Changing the SSH/WebConsole IP Address

RLeon
   VIP   

Hi all,

Had to start playing around with these little Nbu Docker/Container mutants, with their all new CLISH-ish shell.
Managed to get the Web Console, a tenant and a Master Server instance running no problem.
We're now trying to change the port-host0 management IP (basically the SSH/WebConsole IP) but found that the Web Console does not allow you to change it (you can only change tenant network, bonds, IPs in the Web Console).
Basically port-host0 is missing in the Web Console, and the FLEX shell is missing build-in commands to change this IP also.

FYI, you get to configure this IP when you first initialize the FLEX Appliance by running "setup configure-network".
But after that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to change this IP.
Please let me know I'm just overlooking a page or two in the guides.

I'm starting to think the only way to do this is to sudo root powers and just use native linux commands, but I'd rather there is a "FLEX-supported" way.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

vtas_chas
Level 6
Employee

You're not missing anything.  This is currently in the development queue to get remedied, and don't believe it's remedied in 2.0.  If you log a ticket Support can work with you on this.

The different way Flex works in separating the platform from the NBU elements introduces this, and the design goals put a higher priority on reconfiguring instances than the platform in the UI.  I just checked and don't see this as part of the API set yet, either, sorry.

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances

RLeon
   VIP   

Thanks for clarifying.

Any guidelines on how to do this manually through root, before I start messing around with "/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg", "Nmcli" and whatnot?

I can't imagine having to log a ticket everytime you want to change the management IP.
It used to be so easy in your "normal" applicance series using CLISH.

vtas_chas
Level 6
Employee

As far as I know, this really is a Support event right now.  The management IP isn't something that tends to get changed a lot in most environments, thought it seems like yours is an outlier on that.  Remember, this isn't just a host IP, there are clustering elements that come into play with this that have been abstracted from a lot of the complexity of doing that in a 'normal' way.  The console IP serves a much more important function in Flex than the node IP of an NBA with the WebUI of Flex being the primary management interface for platform-related matters.

I'll double check this, though, that there isn't some approved and documented way to help you accomplish this.

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances