Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HBA configuration is not saved after appliance reboot

amoramo
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Support,

Please I need a solution on how I can make my hba cards configuration persistant upon appliance reboot.

I notice each time I reboot the appliance, all the hba cards return to the default mode, which is "initiator", whereas some were configured as "target" I have outline the steps I use to configure my hba cards below in case of any mistake.

Ojapp5230-02:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd # nbftsrv_config -nbhba   (install hba driver)

Ojapp5230-02:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd # ./nbhba -L       (all defaults to "initiator")

Ojapp5230-02:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd # ./nbhba -modify -wwn 21:00:00:24:FF:53:9A:2E -mode target   (set some hba cards as "target")

Ojapp5230-02:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd # ./nbhba -L     (verify changes)

Ojapp5230-02:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd # nbftsrv_config  (updating configuration)

Ojapp5230-02.Support> reboot

NB: After reboot, I notice all the hba cards defaults to "initiator" and none is "target", please is there any way around these, because there will always be a reboot of the appliance during maintenance.

thanks in advance,

Felix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

The Admin Guide says the ports on all FC HBA cards default to the initiator mode. When you select the Enable SAN Client Fibre Transport on the Media Server (use FT for backups to this appliance) option, Port 1 on the installed FC HBA cards is configured for the target mode.

Please refer to The Symantec NetBackup 52xx Appliance Administrator’s Guide (DOC7455) - page 238 for more info and steps to Change the Fibre Transport settings.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Felix,

Why are you doing it from CLI? Use the Clish to set it up.

Settings > FibreTransport SANClient Enable

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

The Admin Guide says the ports on all FC HBA cards default to the initiator mode. When you select the Enable SAN Client Fibre Transport on the Media Server (use FT for backups to this appliance) option, Port 1 on the installed FC HBA cards is configured for the target mode.

Please refer to The Symantec NetBackup 52xx Appliance Administrator’s Guide (DOC7455) - page 238 for more info and steps to Change the Fibre Transport settings.