cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I clear a "uuid_mismatch" on a Veritas NetBackup appliance 5230 ?

zmlat
Level 4

I'm trying to retire an old Symantec/Veritas NB appliance that is no longer supported. We were having some issues with the cat_export so we rebooted the appliance and now several filesystems won't mount:
UX:vxfs mount.vxfs: ERROR: V-3-20003: Cannot open /dev/vx/dsk/nbuapp/cfgvol: No such device or address
UX:vxfs mount.vxfs: ERROR: V-3-24996: Unable to get disk layout version
VxVM: Auto-mount of /dev/vx/dsk/nbuapp/cfgvol on /config failed!
UX:vxfs mount.vxfs: ERROR: V-3-20003: Cannot open /dev/vx/dsk/nbuapp/1pdvol: No such device or address
VxVM: Auto-mount of /dev/vx/dsk/nbuapp/1pdvol on /msdp/data/dp1/1pdvol failed!
UX:vxfs mount.vxfs: ERROR: V-3-20003: Cannot open /dev/vx/dsk/nbuapp/pdcatvol: No such device or address
VxVM: Auto-mount of /dev/vx/dsk/nbuapp/pdcatvol on /msdp/cat failed!
UX:vxfs mount.vxfs: ERROR: V-3-20003: Cannot open /dev/vx/dsk/nbuapp/catvol: No such device or address
VxVM: Auto-mount of /dev/vx/dsk/nbuapp/catvol on /cat failed!
I searched on these errors, and it appears there is a "udid mismatch". And the resolution is "Call Veritas Support".
Since the appliance is EOSL, I have no support.  Below is output from vxdisk:

# vxdisk -o alldgs list
DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS
nb-appliance_disk_0 auto:LVM - - LVM
nb-appliance_disk_2 auto:cdsdisk B000F8BF40FF00004D04BC7822 nbuapp online
- - 7882A150001992E8970EB9AD9C nbuapp failed was:nb-appliance_disk_1

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @zmlat 

As the output from vxdisk (and the startup messages) indicate, one of the volumes is missing (nb-appliance_disk_1). This would be the (probably) the approx. 4TB of RAID disk on the appliance compute node - either way it is the remaining 8 1TB drives that are causing the problem - you may be able to use the BIOS to query/repair the volume. See diagram below. 

davidmoline_0-1681944444576.png

It is also possible you may be able to force start the missing volume depending on the state. 

David