cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Windows Client packages to fresh NB5220 v2.6.0.1?

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Have just installed a virtual NB5220 from v2.6.0.1 ISO.  Configured as master.  All seems ok.

Opened browser to WebAdmin GUI, but Windows client kit is not available for download from master.

How do I make a Windows Client available for download from the appliance?

I guess I'm after something a bit like the v2.6.0.2 Windows Client addon package named:

SYMC_NBAPP_addon_nbwin-7.6.0.2-SLES11.x86_64.rpm

...but I obviously need the v2.6.0.1 equivalent.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

sdo

Have just tried...

manage / software / share open

uploaded the v2.6.0.1 update package named:  SYMC_NBAPP_update-2.6.0.1-1.x86_64.rpm

share close

list downloaded

...which successfully validated the uploaded package, but alas Windows Client packages still don't show in the middle tab named 'Download Client Packages' of the front landing screen of the WebAdmin GUI of the v2.6.0.1 master/media (virtual) NB5220 Appliance.

Hmmm.

chashock
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Just to be clear, running the appliance ISO in a VM isn't a supported configuration.

On 2.6.0.1, your best bet is to sftp them as the maintenance user directly into the file system folder I think.

sdo
Where to get them from though? Looked inside the 2.6.0.1 update rpm - not there. I'll try looking in the ISO later. In the 'Download Client Packages' I can see the Linux client binaries, but nothing for any other OS family. Just wondering if I missed a step, when installing, to do with having client binaries installed and extracted.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

2.6.0.1 should have included all client packages by default - only 2.6.0.2 excludes them.

I can only assume that a minimum installation of 2.6.0.1 was selected when it was imaged originally - pretty sure you get a choice..

I have not seen the client packages available for 2.6.0.1 but you could probably apply the 2.6.0.2 client packages to it as third dot releases are fine .. but whether the appliance will permit such a thing i do not know