cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate backups between MSDP's

Hello people.
I have a domain with two MSDP but a MSDP this with 89% in use and another 35% in use and I have backups with one-year retention.
In this case, I wonder what is the best practice to migrate a backup between MSDP?
I need to reduce a use the first MSDP !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution!

Re: How to migrate backups between MSDP's

Hi,

Unofortunately its not as simple as just expiring images. Since deduplication happens on the container/pool the data you expire might be locked up by other images as its all interlinked.

Try to move quite a large chunk of the data set to the other MSDP. duplicate it and then expire, and then wait for cleanup to happen.

Sorry can't give a you a definitive fix for this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi,

First thing would be to move the / some policies to the new MSDP. After that you could duplicate the images from the first to the second MSDP (using bpduplicate or GUI Catalog section).

HTH

Thank you Riaan. How can I

Thank you Riaan.

How can I reduce the use the first MSDP ?

Accepted Solution!

Hi,

Unofortunately its not as simple as just expiring images. Since deduplication happens on the container/pool the data you expire might be locked up by other images as its all interlinked.

Try to move quite a large chunk of the data set to the other MSDP. duplicate it and then expire, and then wait for cleanup to happen.

Sorry can't give a you a definitive fix for this.

View solution in original post