cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop jobs from restarting after a failure.

Romain_D_
Level 2

Hello, 

I have some Duplication jobs that failed because the remote appliance was shut down for maintenance.

They now restart every X time and will fail again until the remote appliance is up, fine, that's the expected behavior in normal case.

My question is how to stop them from restarting ? I have no Cancel Job possible, I don't see them in a sort of Pending Retry state...

Is there any command line to list the Jobs pending a restart and stop them ? (I'm ok with elevation etc...)

Appliance is a 5220, running Ver. 2.6.1.2

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

D_Flood
Level 6

If these were created by an SLP there's two options:

1) Suspend the SLP until the remote device is active and then reactivate it at which time the backlog will start to clear out.

2) Use the NBSTLUTIL command line program to cancel things.

SLP control is one of the things that never got improved once SLP's were introduced.  Its one of the many things that I wish Veritas would switch gears from "new shiny" to "fix / improve what's already there" for at least two release cycles...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

D_Flood
Level 6

If these were created by an SLP there's two options:

1) Suspend the SLP until the remote device is active and then reactivate it at which time the backlog will start to clear out.

2) Use the NBSTLUTIL command line program to cancel things.

SLP control is one of the things that never got improved once SLP's were introduced.  Its one of the many things that I wish Veritas would switch gears from "new shiny" to "fix / improve what's already there" for at least two release cycles...

Romain_D_
Level 2

"nbstlutil cancel -destination MYREMOTESITE" did the job, thank you a lot.