Did you mean: 

How to upgrade netbackup appliance from 2.6.1.1 to 7.7

damrongpol
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

I want to upgrade netbackup appliance version 2.6.1.1 to 7.7

because after extract file i don't see file for update .rpm

what should i do ? or how to step for upgrade .

thank you so much

damrongpol s.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

There will never be a 2.7 release for appliances.

The 2.7.1 appliance release is rumoured to be available in December - but no guarantees.

The highest current appliance version is 2.6.1.2.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

sdo

There will never be a 2.7 release for appliances.

The 2.7.1 appliance release is rumoured to be available in December - but no guarantees.

The highest current appliance version is 2.6.1.2.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The 2.7.1 FA (First Availability) version has been released to customers who have signed up for Beta testing.

Seems GA release may take a bit longer - possibly in January....

damrongpol
Level 4
Partner

Thank you so much for your response

JairoFerreira
Level 3

Hi,

Anyone upgrade from 2.6.1.1 to 2.7.1?

Because I know that the OS was changed to RedHat and the older was Suse.

Thx

Jairo

sdo

v2.7.1 for Appliances is not GA yet.  I'm not sure that we can "know" that the underlying OS will change.  It's all speculation at the moment.  For me, I would think that the longer it takes, then the greater the chance that Veritas may actually stick with SuSE for the v2.7.1 release - that's assuming that there even will be an actual 2.7.1 release.  On the outside as we are, it's anyone's guess.  I wouldn't take the press releases re Oracle Co-Pilot and v2.7.1 Appliance too seriously, after all they are just press releases... and not binary releases.

I would have thought that, seeing as this is the first Appliance release under the "Veritas" badge, that they're doing their very best to make sure that it's a good one.

I believe that some customers (probably forum members too) have been given access to the 2.7.1 beta, and will probably have also been expected to "beta test", but then they've also probably had to sign an NDA... so... I think we'll know more next year, a few days/weeks/months after 2.7.1 actually enters GA.

arctics2
Level 5

As per the upgrade documentation which has already been released, 2.7.1 is going to Red Hat:

Starting with NetBackup appliance software version 2.7.1, Red Hat Enterprise Linux

(RHEL) replaces the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) operating system.