cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use RBAC migrate script

JimmyB2
Level 4

Hello,

after the Netbackup Appliance upgrade my RBAC users are not able to login to the WEB UI. The solution is to run migrate RBAC perl script. My question is, where should be the script executed from or where should be moved this command - to which directory or location? Followingly, is this correct syntax for Netbackup Appliance?

rbac_user_migration.pl --host nbumaster.domain.com --user dennis --pass secret --domain_type unixpwd

Your help will be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

HI @JimmyB2 

For an appliance primary server you would need transfer the script to the appliance, run an elevated shell and run the command from wherever you have uploaded it (or move it from that location to your home directory). Depending on the version of NetBackup you have upgraded to, there may be a binary version of the same in the goodies directory (/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies). 

The username/password will need to be a current RBAC administrator to enable the pre-upgrade roles to be converted - refer to this article if you haven't seen it https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100047577
The nbsecadmin user at a minimum would have the credentials to perform the conversion. 

Once you have performed the conversion, you can then log in to the WebUI to create/update your other users and create new roles for them as required.

Cheers
David

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

HI @JimmyB2 

For an appliance primary server you would need transfer the script to the appliance, run an elevated shell and run the command from wherever you have uploaded it (or move it from that location to your home directory). Depending on the version of NetBackup you have upgraded to, there may be a binary version of the same in the goodies directory (/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies). 

The username/password will need to be a current RBAC administrator to enable the pre-upgrade roles to be converted - refer to this article if you haven't seen it https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100047577
The nbsecadmin user at a minimum would have the credentials to perform the conversion. 

Once you have performed the conversion, you can then log in to the WebUI to create/update your other users and create new roles for them as required.

Cheers
David

Hi @davidmoline ,

now, I am allowed to migrate old RBAC role, but the Netbackup Appliance has a different meaning :D. If I execute the migration script, it is displayed, that access for me is denied:

nbu1:/log/netbackup # ./rbac_user_migration.pl --host nbu1 --user Veritas --pass secret --domain_type unixpwd
Access to perform the operation was denied.
Failed to get old RBAC roles!
nbu01:/log/netbackup # ./rbac_user_migration.pl --host nbu1 --user admin --pass secret --domain_type unixpwd
Access to perform the operation was denied.
Failed to get old RBAC roles!

I am connected to Netbackup Appliance shell, since I went throught maintenance mode and I am in the elevated mode now. You have mentioned something about the user nbsecadmin, that could be able to run the script? However, I am not aware of any similar user, that could be created in the Netbackup. Also, which user can run the script?

Any ideas will be much appreciated