cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a question about Automated Image Replication (AIR)

joonkoki
Level 4

hello
I have a question regarding A.I.R.
Current configuration is nbumaster ---> nbudr
You have to power off the nbudr server for 3 days this week.
Suspend the SLP settings in the nbumaster server and power off the nbudr server. Backup of nbumaster server continues. What I am curious about here is that after 3 days, power on the nbudr server and unsuspend the SLP settings on the nbumaster server. Then I wonder if the three-day backup data will be replicated to the nbudr server.

joonkoki_0-1653302821781.png

I wonder if this has anything to do with "Pending A.I.R import threshold" in SLP Parameters. As in the image above, if it is 24 hours, will only the pending image for one day be duplicated?

2 REPLIES 2

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @joonkoki 

The backlog will duplicate to the DR site. That is part of the feature of SLP, it will keep trying until it completes successfully. You can of course cancel the duplication (but I'm not suggesting you do that). 

You may find that the backlog takes a few days to clear - this will depend on the number of images and their size, and the speed/bandwidth of the network in between. You can use the "nbstlutil report" command to view the backlog by SLP name. Getting the age of the backlog is also possible, using one of the list options (and -image_incomplete), but this is not so easily summarised.

Cheers
David

jnardello
   VIP    Certified

"Pending A.I.R import threshold" just means how long until an import job will be kicked off regardless of how many images are waiting to import - in this case, a max of 24 hours will go by until a job will fire to import anything still waiting.

As far as finding the oldest image, you might try something like the following:

#!/bin/ksh

SOMEONE_WHO_CARES=someone@nowhere.net

# Run the backlog report and mail it out

DATE=`date "+%m%d%y_%H%M"`
BPDBM=/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpdbm
NBSTLUTIL=/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbstlutil

OUTPUT=/tmp/backlog_report.txt
BACKLOG_FILE=/tmp/backlog.tmp

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbstlutil report > ${OUTPUT}
${NBSTLUTIL} list -image_incomplete -b > ${BACKLOG_FILE}
OLDEST_STAMP=`awk -F_ '{print $NF}' ${BACKLOG_FILE} |sort -n |head -1`
if [ ${OLDEST_STAMP} ];then
OLDEST_IMAGE=`grep ${OLDEST_STAMP} ${BACKLOG_FILE}`
echo >> ${OUTPUT}
print "Oldest Image =\t${OLDEST_IMAGE}" >> ${OUTPUT}
print "Backup date =\t`${BPDBM} -ctime ${OLDEST_STAMP} |awk '{$1="";$2="";print}'`" >> ${OUTPUT}
print "SLP = \t\t`${NBSTLUTIL} list -backupid ${OLDEST_IMAGE} -rt I |awk '{print $10}'`\n" >> ${OUTPUT}
fi

mailx -s "`hostname` backlog report for $DATE" ${SOMEONE_WHO_CARES} < ${OUTPUT}

rm ${OUTPUT} ${BACKLOG_FILE}