cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need recommendations to update Appliance OS

DiegoRS
Level 3

Hello everybody!

I need recommendations or advice that can guide me in this update task. We have an environment of 2 appliances (5230 and 5240) and both are in version OS 3.1 (and NetBackup 8.1), a large number of servers are backed up and we have various types of integrations. The NBU 5240 is the productive backup server where the data is backed up to MSDP disk, then it is replicated through AIR to the NBU 5230, where the SLPs take care that the data is duplicated to tape.

Anyway I will generate a case to Veritas Support, so the reason for this query is, what is the best way to escalate this to Veritas Support? I think I would have to generate two different cases for each appliance.

We would like to be able to update to a more recent version, in this way update the NetBackup systems to 8.2 or 8.3+. In your experience, what would be the best way to do it?

We have some servers with NBU client 7.x in backup, should I take the necessary precautions and update the backup agents?

Very grateful to be able to count on your feedback.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sagrawal
Level 5
Employee

Hello @DiegoRS ,

You should definitely move to 3.3.0.1 or later (8.3.0.1 or later). If you are a BCS customer, your BCAM can help. If not, I suggest opening a single case with Support who can help with your queries.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sagrawal
Level 5
Employee

Hello @DiegoRS ,

You should definitely move to 3.3.0.1 or later (8.3.0.1 or later). If you are a BCS customer, your BCAM can help. If not, I suggest opening a single case with Support who can help with your queries.