cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM tape library to NBU appliance 5220

rookie11
   VIP   

Hi all

here's my problem. I need to know steps "how to do".

till Nov 15th

master  NBU 7.5, win 2003 OS. master plays role of master+media server, name MMBK01 which is robot control host for IBM tape libraries tld 0 n tld 1. i got 1 nbu appliance NBUBK3 total 8 tape drives.

After nov15th , all tape library connections from master server removed, all associated media's moved to NBU appliance. As NBU appliance NBUBK3 would now be robot control host, master is now only a master(not a media server hence cannot control robots or tape drives). Alll connections from master to tape library removed. 

tape library would conncted to NBU appliance 5220 via a SAN switch zoning also needs to be done. that's all i know.

please tell me How can I reconfigure my tape libraries n tape drives with NBU appliance NBUBK3 as robot control host ? please explain each n every step.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Ok,

Move all the media to standalone

Delete the drives

delete the robots

Then run the device configuration wizard again when you've got the appliance and tape library zoned together.

Done

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

chashock
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you referenced the manuals?  The appliance admin guide tells you what is required on the appliance and volume 1 of the NBU admin guide discusses how to configure the tape libraries.

RiaanBadenhorst

Your explanation doesn't make sense. Try again.

"master+media server same MMBK01 which is robot control host"

" master is now only a master(not a media server hence cannot control robots or tape drives)"

So which is it?

rookie11
   VIP   

editing done on original post. it was my nad. I hope you can undertand my problem.

RiaanBadenhorst

Ok,

Move all the media to standalone

Delete the drives

delete the robots

Then run the device configuration wizard again when you've got the appliance and tape library zoned together.

Done