cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing third-party SSL cerificates

RRudel
Level 3

Dears,

I´d like to import a signed certificate to our Appliances and followed the instructions describted under:

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/96220900-129914166-0/v92226079-129914166

I was able to create the PKCS#12 ceritficate and convert in into a java keystore (Steps 1 to 3), but I´ve no clue how to copy the keystore from a windows computer onto the appliance.

Furthermore I´m unclear what to do in the Steps 7 and 8

Step 7

Import certificates to the mongo_server_part_pam file, and get server-Cert from /etc/vxos-ssl/cert.conf, and then import certificates to it.

/usr/bin/openssl pkcs12 -in server.p12 -out <server_cert> -passin pass: <keyPassword> -passout pass: <keyPassword>

Step 8

Import certificates to the client_part_pam file, and get client_cert from /etc/vxos-ssl/cert.conf, and then import certificates to it:

/usr/bin/openssl pkcs12 -nokeys -in server.p12 -out <server_cert> -passin pass: <keyPassword> -passout pass: <keyPassword>

Should I just execute the shown commands (adapted to my p12-File)?

Appreciate any help.

THX, Rdi

3 REPLIES 3

RRudel
Level 3

we followed the steps described in the guide to implement a third party SSL certificate on our testdevice but unfortunately without success. Due to the adaptions we made it´s not possible to access the device over the WebGUI anymore. ;(

Is there a possibility to reset only the settings for the webservices on an Appliance (Keystore, bindings, etc.)? Is there someone who could support us to implement an third-party SSL certificate in a second approach?

Thank you for your feedback!

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@RRudel

It does not seem that any forum member here has any experience with 3rd-party SSL certificates.

Best to log a Support call with Veritas?

@Marianne

Jepp, it seems so. Meanwhile we executed a factory reset of our Testappliance to start from the scratch with the Support of Veritas.