cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant Access supported for Virtual Appliances?

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

I have NBU domain consisting of one ROBO and one DC virtual appliances just upgraded to 8.1.2. I was about to test VMware Instant Access but when I am creating a protection plan, no storage appears to be supported for this feature - however there is a MSDP on each appliance so it should be. See attached printscreen. Any hints where is a problem?

Reading through Release Notes, Virtual App Limitations, etc. but nothing relevant found.SU.jpg

Michal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello 

Looks like this is not supported on virtual ones .... take a look at this excerpt from here (I am worried too as I do have mostly 5230's and these are not supported too):

"Starting with this release, the Instant Access feature is supported on NetBackup 5330, 5240 or 5340 appliances. This feature allows you to create an Instant Access VM from a NetBackup backup image. The VM is available almost instantaneously, achieving a near-zero recovery time objective. NetBackup mounts the VM snapshot directly on the backup storage device to allow your ESXi host or cluster to treat the snapshot as a normal VM.

For information about how to use this feature, see the NetBackup Web UI VMware Administrator's Guide.

Note:

For 5330, 5240 or 5340 appliances that are upgraded to software version 3.1.2, a manual procedure is required to enable this feature. For details, refer to the following topic:

See New Operational Notes for NetBackup Appliance 3.1.2."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello 

Looks like this is not supported on virtual ones .... take a look at this excerpt from here (I am worried too as I do have mostly 5230's and these are not supported too):

"Starting with this release, the Instant Access feature is supported on NetBackup 5330, 5240 or 5340 appliances. This feature allows you to create an Instant Access VM from a NetBackup backup image. The VM is available almost instantaneously, achieving a near-zero recovery time objective. NetBackup mounts the VM snapshot directly on the backup storage device to allow your ESXi host or cluster to treat the snapshot as a normal VM.

For information about how to use this feature, see the NetBackup Web UI VMware Administrator's Guide.

Note:

For 5330, 5240 or 5340 appliances that are upgraded to software version 3.1.2, a manual procedure is required to enable this feature. For details, refer to the following topic:

See New Operational Notes for NetBackup Appliance 3.1.2."

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

I have confirmed this with support, only 5240,5330,5340 are supported.

Regards

Michal