cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Console Download?

lt13624
Level 4

Hi All,

Is there anyway that I would be able to download the Java Console 7.6 without requiring my serial number on fileconnect?

We have put a PO through for 7.6 media and our licenses but this may take a while to come through. 

Kind Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You should have a pdf with the licenses / serial numbers that you used when you installed the appliances - or perhaps have these registered in the licensing portal (where you can also download the software)

Personally i prefer the Windows Admin Console but depends on your environment which you use (the Windows one need you to download the NetBackup Server Software)

Depending on the appliance version you have the software may well be available on the appliance itself

Connect to it via a web browser but before you actually login to it take a look at the right hand side of it and you should see a software download section - i dont have to hand at the moment to see exactly what is there

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

I dont think you could get it without the serial number to be honest

But why would you want it before you actually have NBU anyway?

lt13624
Level 4

We have appliances with licenses installed but do not have the media

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

You should have a pdf with the licenses / serial numbers that you used when you installed the appliances - or perhaps have these registered in the licensing portal (where you can also download the software)

Personally i prefer the Windows Admin Console but depends on your environment which you use (the Windows one need you to download the NetBackup Server Software)

Depending on the appliance version you have the software may well be available on the appliance itself

Connect to it via a web browser but before you actually login to it take a look at the right hand side of it and you should see a software download section - i dont have to hand at the moment to see exactly what is there

Hope this helps

lt13624
Level 4

Hi,

Just as a follow up. I upgraded to 2.6.0.1 and found that the Windows Console comes under the Windows client under the AddOns/JavaInstallFiles directory.

Thanks for your help :)

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Good stuff - glad to have helped