cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KB about increasing frequency of "processqueue"?

D_Flood
Level 6

I can't seem to find anything about this so it probably doesn't exist publicly...but I thought I'd ask.

Are there any KB's out there that describe the settings to change on a 5220 running 2.7.3 to increase the "processqueue" from twice a day to four times a day?

2.7.3 is such a dog on 5220's (they probably should have EOL'ed them rather than allow them to be upgraded) that I'd like to cut down on the instantaneous overhead by spreading it out a little.  And I figure that processing the queue four times a day would result in improvements..

3 REPLIES 3

watsons
Level 6

This public technote is still there..but it's old. Better to open a support case to verify if it's the right command for latest MSDP:

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000008897

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

A query on a v2.7.3 5230:

myappliance:/home/maintenance # /usr/openv/pdde/pdcr/bin/spadb -d /msdp/cat/databases -l

Availble Tables in SpaDatabase:

agent
agentroutingtableline
spa
contentrouter
contentroutermode
routingtableline
dataselection
storagepool
storagepoolmode
cr_retention
scheduler
authentication
metabaseengine
forward
agentmirror
agentinstaller
replicationtargets
replicationsources
events
eventproperties

myappliance:/home/maintenance # /usr/openv/pdde/pdcr/bin/spadb -d /msdp/cat/databases -c "select * from scheduler"

Warning: 105: dctstrcpy: insufficient buffer
        id      job     sched_str       alert_time      lifecycle
        1       QueueProcess    20 */12 * * *   21600   32400
        2       GarbageCollection       40 2 * * 0      86400   172800
        3       Stats   * * 30 2 *      300     600
        4       RepOrphan       */10 * * * *    300     600
        5       CatalogBackup   40 3 * * *      21600   32400

Thanks to both of you.  I think I see how to do it now. 

On the other hand, I've also started the process with our Account Rep of running tests and trying to eek out the last possible performance improvement (if there are any to compensate for 2.7's bloat).

I'm also hearing rumors of 5220 EOL dates based on the new time chart Veritas published...so the best solution is probably a lot of $$$$ and hardware upgrades...