cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing and Appliance 'Features'

StarSister
Level 4

Can anyone direct me to a list of the 'features' available on the netbackup appliances? I've asked Symantec directly but I cannot seem to get a listing from them. For example - when you check the licenses in the appliance they are listed in the format below, and I am trying to see which 'features' I currently do not have and if I then have to look at licensing to obtain them:

Feature ID      = 81 Enterprise Vault Agent -

Feature ID      = 81 Enterprise Vault Agent +

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

It is easiest to look at you Master Server - I assume you have the same licenses entered in their

Open the Admin Console and select Help - License keys

Each key appears numberous time with each feature it enables

If you really want to know what you are entitled to and what you have support for then ask Symantec or your Symantec for an IBR Report (Install Base Report)

You need to do this in writing (an e-mail is fine) and they will then send you a spread sheet of all of you compnaies keys, what they are for and whether they are in maintenance

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

NBU Appliance comes with no licenses whatsoever.

Normal licensing as with any master or media server applies.

You need to license dedupe (Data Protection Optimization) per front-end TB and then license the rest as per your licensing model - either capacity (FET) or per server.
Per server licensing means that you need a Tier 2 Linux/Windows Enterprise Server license for the Appliance as well as licenses for each agent/option that you are using.

Hope this helps.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

just an update marianne

Appliance does have NFS licenses (which are set to expire soon after configuration takes place) and must be replaced by Purchased or exsiting valid license keys.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Good Point captain!

So a new appliance is licensed for absolutely everything as it uses an NFR license - an older one is licensed for what ever you put into it as it does not come with any real keys and would stop working once the NFR ones ran out!

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Just to add that EV license (Enterprise Vault) is included to netbackup without any change.

StarSister
Level 4

HI thanks everyone - indeed this is the reason I am searching for a list of the features.

It wasn't made clear to me that the appliances have an evaluation license which allows you to use *all available* features - even if you are not licensed for them. I had to go through and enter in a great deal of all my license keys and now have a list of features that each license key provides - BUT - I don't have anywhere to tell me exactly what the feature allows me to do.......

Unless, of course I try to do something one day and find out I can't due to not being licensed for it :)

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

It is easiest to look at you Master Server - I assume you have the same licenses entered in their

Open the Admin Console and select Help - License keys

Each key appears numberous time with each feature it enables

If you really want to know what you are entitled to and what you have support for then ask Symantec or your Symantec for an IBR Report (Install Base Report)

You need to do this in writing (an e-mail is fine) and they will then send you a spread sheet of all of you compnaies keys, what they are for and whether they are in maintenance

Hope this helps